In March 1936 a denehole subsided at King Edward’s Road, off Singlewell Road, Gravesend. It was examined by members of the Gravesend Archaeological Society and a short report was published in the Kent Archaeological Society journal for that year.
Four chambers had been exposed, a fifth being blocked by flints and earth. Two chambers were connected by a small breach. The largest chamber was 29ft (8.84m)long by 7ft (2.13m) high and 7ft (2.13m) wide.
It is presumed that it was filled in shortly after the Gravesend Society’s visit.
Ref. Archaeological Cantiana vol. XLVIII (1936)