Members of the group have numerous years of experience in the exploration, excavation, research and surveying underground features. There are usually members available as most times should urgent assessment or recording be required, with the ability to cover Kent, East Sussex and South East London or possibly further afield.
We are a member of the National Association of Mining History Organisations (www.namho.org), and all our members have Public Liability Insurance.
Recent projects include:
- Investigation of sand mine near Bearsted
- Re-excavation of an Iron Mine in East Sussex
- Surveying abandoned chalk mines in Broadstairs
- Excavation of Swallets in Chilham
- Exploration of an abandoned reservoir
- Keep a database of sites
- Can provide speakers for meetings
- SRT (Single Rope Technique) to investigate wells/deneholes/deep shafts/etc.
- Carriy out work on behalf of 3rd parties
- Archival research
- Grill abandoned shafts/adits
- Can advise insurance companies
- Can survey up to BCRA Grade 5d (see http://www.bcra.org.uk/surveying/index.html for details).
Previous ‘clients’ include:
- Maidstone Borough Council
- Kent Bat Group
- University of Greenwich
- Hartley Parish Council
To get in touch please see our contact form here